Who We Are
OUR CALLING… Who is God calling us to be?
- LOVE unconditionally
We are called to love God in Christ and all people unconditionally.
- GIVE generously
We are called to give all we have generously - our time, our resources, and our gifts for ministry.
- SERVE selflessly
We are called to serve all people selflessly - those in greatest need and all God has made.
- CONNECT deeply
We are called to connect deeply - to God and to others - by participating in the Sacraments, engaging in relationships, and belonging to a community of fellow disciples.
OUR VISION… What is God's vision for us?
The vision of Saint Paul’s Cathedral is:
- To proclaim the Good News of God in Christ
- To respond to human need by shining the light of Christ
- To seek to be open to and led by the Holy Spirit
- To sustain and renew faith in all seasons of life
OUR ACTION… What action do we take to fulfill the vision?
The basis of all ministry is to invite, welcome and connect. Further, ministry is an opportunity:
- To continue and strive for excellence, depth, and tradition in worship, liturgy, music, and preaching
- To broaden and engage all for ministry with opportunities for all to serve and lead
- To develop and encourage small groups within the larger church community to build relationships, to experience spiritual disciplines, and deepen our faith in God
- To provide paths to hands-on, meaningful, and impactful service to the greater community
OUR CO-MISSIONS… What do we charge our leaders to do in order to live into the callings, carry out the vision and take action?
- Worship - We worship from the format of the Book of Common Prayer. Our liturgy is an interactive response between the clergy and the people. The liturgy includes readings from scripture, prayers, preaching, and the celebration of the sacraments. Our worship and liturgical life is enhanced by music. We have a rich heritage of excellent music. There are a number of ways for the people, the ministers of the church, to get involved with worship leadership.
- Formation - Part of growing in your faith is to be formed as a disciple. We offer classes of all kinds for children, youth, and adults all designed to help understand scripture and the church. It is through our constant pursuit of learning that we grow deeper in our faith journey. Many of our classes are offered at the 10:10 time on Sunday mornings. There are other opportunities throughout the week as well.
- Pastoral Care - We care for each other’s mind, body, heart and soul through a team of lay leaders and clergy who are trained to offer care in many different ways. We visit you when you cannot be here with us bringing communion, prayer, and support.
- Spirituality - Each of us is on a journey of faith. We are searching in many different ways as to how we can deepen our relationship to God and one another. We also are searching as to how we integrate God into our daily lives and how God informs our everyday choices. We provide numerous small group opportunities for spiritual development and health.
- Fellowship - Gathering together with old friends or new acquaintances for coffee or a good meal, conversation or prayer, is important to building community. Throughout the year we set aside times for fellowship where we can get to know one other. These are times for us to share laughter and tears, experiences and stories, seek help and give of ourselves.
- Outreach - We are a downtown church that reaches out to the community with love and grace, resources and assistance. We have a variety of opportunities for serving the community and the greater Oklahoma City metro area as well as our entire diocese. One of the most important things we can do is to serve others with a sense of God’s love and hope being available to all.
- Building and Grounds - We are blessed with a beautiful campus. Some of our buildings are over 100 years old and some are fairly new but together they form a campus in the heart of Oklahoma City that is an oasis in and of itself. From the beautiful stained glass windows, to the profound organ, to the hard wood floors, to the courtyards and gardens each aspect needs to be cared for and kept in prime condition. The people of the Building and Grounds Commission are committed to the care and maintenance of our facilities.
- Finance - The Finance Commission oversees our church budget, investments, and policies that direct us in being good stewards of the gifts we are provided. This is a vital aspect of our ministry. It is through good financial stewardship that we can grow, reach more people, and share God’s message of love and hope with many.