Lifelong relationships - of all kinds - are a gift to the world. Preparing for an unwavering commitment is a time of great joy. St. Paul's Cathedral joins in both the celebration and also in the preparations for a very special day. To be married in the Church is not about setting up new living arrangements, rather it is about the process of evolving into a different person from the one you’ve been all your life since being married is a coming together as one with your spouse.
Choosing to be married at St. Paul’s means inviting the Church to become part of your preparation for a new and lifelong commitment. The Church celebrates all who wish to join together and together we will all ask God to bless it.
If you are not a member of St. Paul's and yet are seeking a church home, we encourage you to contact a member of our Clergy to learn how to begin the process becoming a member of Cathedral.
Couples married at St. Paul's are expected to participate in the following:
- Regularly attending church services. Marriage is a sacrament representing Christ's union of love. We are called to take our places in the Body of Christ by faithfully offering our hearts and voices in expressing our love of God.
- Growing through Christian education. For those who are new to St. Paul's and the Episcopal Church, or have not yet been baptized, participating in an Inquirer's Class and/or Confirmation Class is an excellent way to deepen your relationship with God.
- Seeking outreach and ministry opportunities. At St. Paul's there are many ways individuals and couples can share in the work and ministry of Christ in the world. Numerous Outreach Ministries can deepen one's love of neighbor and self.
- Financially support the Cathedral. Joining the life of the Church community includes offering not only time and energy, it also includes pledging financial resources for the vitality, beauty and work of the Cathedral.
- Finding community in Cathedral life. Marriage does not thrive in isolation and at the Cathedral many people gather together in support of one another. Thankfully, there are many ways of building friendships and having fun with your family of faith.
For more information about getting married at St. Paul's Cathedral, or becoming a member, please set up an appointment with one of the Clergy on staff by contacting the Church Office at 235-3436.