Changing the Lives of Children of Prisoners Everyday
The mission of New Hope is to break the cycle of generational incarceration through hope and opportunities for children of prisoners. Annually, New Hope serves 400 children, many of whom become the first in their families to complete high school.
New Hope offers clients five promises. They are:
- Caring Adults: All young people need and deserve support and guidance from caring adults including ongoing, secure relationships with guardians and parents in addition to positive relationships with teachers, mentors and neighbors.
- Safe Places: Providing a safe place for young clients are physically and emotionally safe.
- A Healthy Start: Living life with a healthy body, a healthy mind and healthful habits is a result of regular health care, good nutrition, exercise, health education and healthy role models.
- An Effective Education: Young people need and deserve intellectual development, motivation and marketable skills to equip them for work and lifelong learning. These result from having a quality learning environment , challenging expectations and consistent guidance.
- Opportunities to Serve: Each child will have an opportunity to serve others by making a difference in the community.
Contact Deacon Gerald Butcher for more information regarding this ministry.